follow the journey of my creations, philosophies, thoughts, travels and most importantly my wardrobe.

Friday, April 9, 2010

the end of the guilt.

This is to all those people who feel guilty about spending too much on that one special item. Be it shoes, a dress, a hat or in my case a $300 skirt. I have a new system to ease the guilt for purchases such as these , because let's face it, at times you just have to splurge!
From now on, everytime I recieve a compliment from someone about a splurge item, I deduct one "compliment dollar" from the amount it cost me. For example my dream skirt cost $300 and so far I think I recieved about 8 compliments (I have only worn it a couple of times) therefore in my mind it has only cost $292. Yes I have a long way to go to make up the difference but it all helps! And if I feel as though the compliment is from someone of importance or whose opinion I respect, I deduct $5. One of my compliments was in fact from a fashion designer so the total cost of my skirt to date is actually down to $288!
$1 or in some cases $5 is a small price to pay for all the self esteem your "compliment dollars" will buy you. Therefore your your guilt debt will be paid in no time!

1 comment:

  1. Double that with cost-per-wear and the skirt will have been free in no time!

    ReplyDelete